- Four officers who responded to January 6 attack have died by suicideon August 3, 2021
A DC police officer who responded to the US Capitol insurrection has died by suicide, according to the Metropolitan Police Department.
- Top RNC official in Florida spreads Covid-19 conspiracies, calling vaccines the 'mark of the beast'on August 3, 2021
Amid recent surging coronavirus cases in Florida, a top Republican National Committee official in the state has spread anti-vaccine rhetoric and misinformation, comparing the Biden administration's vaccine efforts to Nazi-era "brown shirts," and twice calling the vaccines "the mark of the beast," […]
- Ron Johnson suggests, without evidence, FBI had advance knowledge of January 6 riot but did nothingon August 3, 2021
Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson suggested to his constituents at a luncheon on Saturday that the FBI had advance knowledge of the January 6 insurrection but did nothing to thwart it.
- A new trend to watch in the housing market and some good news on Covidon August 3, 2021
The American Dream of home ownership may be slipping out of reach for adults coming of age in and around the Great Recession and starting families in and around the pandemic. But that dream may still be for rent.
- New York Times: Andrew Cuomo questioned for 11 hours by New York attorney general's office in sexual harassment inquiryon August 3, 2021
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo was questioned by investigators in the state attorney general's office for 11 hours last month as part of an inquiry into sexual harassment allegations against him, The New York Times reported Monday.
- Expiration of eviction moratorium leaves White House and congressional Democrats scramblingon August 3, 2021
White House officials on Monday described a behind-the-scenes scramble over the weekend to locate any legal avenue for the administration to continue barring evictions.
- Maricopa County defies latest subpoena request from Arizona state Senate seeking to expand 2020 ballot reviewon August 3, 2021
Maricopa County and Dominion Voting Systems are rebuffing the latest subpoenas from Arizona's GOP-led Senate for election materials related to the so-called audit of 2020 election ballots.
- Lindsey Graham tests positive for Covid-19 and has had 'flu-like symptoms' despite being vaccinatedon August 2, 2021
Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina announced Monday that he has tested positive for Covid-19 despite being vaccinated and has experienced "flu-like symptoms," but said that he now has only "mild symptoms" and is very glad he had been vaccinated because "without vaccination I am […]
- As Senate takes up infrastructure, Schumer says 'the longer it takes to finish the bill, the longer we'll be here'on August 2, 2021
The Senate is gearing up for a fight over amendments to the newly-finalized bipartisan infrastructure bill with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer calling for amendment votes to get underway in what could turn into a long and drawn-out process ahead of an anticipated final vote.
- A depressing number on Republicans and the vaccineon August 2, 2021
The White House announced Monday that 70% of eligible Americans have received at least one shot of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- Obama to host Covid-compliant 60th birthday party amid rising virus concerns, source sayson August 2, 2021
Former President Barack Obama will celebrate his 60th birthday this weekend with a party in Martha's Vineyard, with many Covid-19 safety protocols in place amid heightened concerns over the Delta variant, a source familiar with the planning told CNN.
- Biden administration expands access to refugee program for Afghans who worked with USon August 2, 2021
The State Department announced Monday that it will expand access to the US refugee program for certain Afghans amid fears of reprisal by the Taliban as the US military withdrawal nears completion.
- Breyer rejects Maine church's attempt to block Delta variant restrictions that don't existon August 2, 2021
Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer denied a request Monday from a Maine church that sought to block the state from enforcing or reinstating Covid restrictions in the wake of the Delta variant surge
- Is it legal to mandate Covid vaccines? In many circumstances, yeson August 2, 2021
For those who are refusing to get the Covid-19 vaccine, there are a lot of legal ways for public and private actors to make that decision painful.
- FBI used 'provocative photos' of female office staff to catch sexual predators, watchdog sayson August 2, 2021
FBI agents posted provocative photos of female coworkers online without formal authorization as part of sting operations against sex trafficking, according to a new watchdog report.