- 'Policy of Death': Amazon Guardians Sue Ecuador's President Over Oil, Mining Decreeson October 18, 2021
"We are fighting to defend our territory, our rivers, our forest, our fish, and our animals," one Indigenous leader explained. "Without our forest and without water, we cannot live."
- 'Just Cancel the Debt,' Advocates Say as Biden Admin Develops Strategy for Restarting Student Loan Paymentson October 18, 2021
Student debt cancellation "is good economic policy that will change the lives of millions of families," said Rep. Ayanna Pressley.
- Green Public Spending a 'Win-Win Opportunity' for Climate and Workers, Global Study Showson October 18, 2021
"It's really a no-brainer for the federal government to prioritize green investments to put our economy back on track," said one advocate. "It's good politics and good policy."
- After CIA Plot Revealed, Press Freedom Coalition Says DOJ Must Drop Assange Caseon October 18, 2021
"A precedent created by prosecuting Assange could be used against publishers and journalists alike, chilling their work and undermining freedom of the press," said the groups.
- 'Needlessly Provocative': Austin Rebuked for Again Opening NATO Door to Ukraine and Georgiaon October 18, 2021
"The Biden administration now faces a stark choice: commit to fight for Ukraine, creating a serious risk of war with Russia, or admit that NATO expansion has come to an overdue end."
- Manchin's Native Conon October 18, 2021
The "moderate" West Virginia senator is taking a page right out of the far-right populist playbook to stop progressive change.
- Local Democrats Nationwide to Congress: 'Don't Come Home' Until Biden Agenda Passed in Fullon October 18, 2021
Democrats "ran on a bold agenda to help our nation roar back from the coronavirus pandemic," said the lawmakers, "and now we need to keep our promises."
- Activists Should Continue to Fight for National Single Payer Rather Than Taking Cues From the Democratic Partyon October 18, 2021
We need to put our efforts together and force reluctant Democrats in Congress to pass what 80% of Democratic voters, and 60% of the entire electorate, already support: expansion of national, single payer, improved Medicare for all, not just for some.
- Here's the Message: No Climate, No Dealon October 18, 2021
We must prove to the American people, and to the rest of the world, that we are serious about climate action.
- It Is Time for the Global North to Pay for Its Climate Destructionon October 18, 2021
Extreme weather changes are causing havoc in African states such as Zambia but they can't afford a Green New Deal without international support.
- 'Half-Measures Are No Longer Enough': Haaland Urged to Sign Order to Halt Extinction Crisison October 18, 2021
"The United States can restore its position as a global leader in conservation and prevent many of these extinctions, but it must take swift action that matches the extent and scale of the problem."
- Climate Cassandra: Seeing the Future When No One Believes Youon October 18, 2021
For the sake of the planet, let us hope that this time the Cassandra's of the world are believed.
- Despite Outcry, Japanese Prime Minister Urges Swift Release of Fukushima Wastewater Into Seaon October 18, 2021
South Korea has said the release of the radioactive wastewater poses a "grave threat" to marine life.
- The Pundits Who Want to Give James Bond a License to Kill... the Chineseon October 18, 2021
Some are pining for the good old days, when 007 played his essential part in stoking a Cold War.
- Manchin Sparks Fury With Demands for Work Requirement, $60K Income Cap on Child Tax Crediton October 18, 2021
"Who besides a cartoon villain would ever think this is a good idea?"