- With Amazon Accused of Cheating, NLRB Official Says Workers Should Get Another Union Voteon August 3, 2021
"Amazon cheated, they got caught, and they are being held accountable," said the head of the Retail, Wholesale, and Department Store Union.
- Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer Told 'Stop Playing the Blame Game' and Extend Eviction Moratoriumon August 2, 2021
"Who are the adults in the room?" asked the Sunrise Movement's advocacy director. "Do whatever it takes to extend the eviction moratorium and end this eviction emergency."
- Report Outlines 'Crucial' Need for Biden Administration to Aid Climate Refugeeson August 2, 2021
"Ready solutions are available to address root causes and displacement that are centered in human rights and humanitarian protection."
- Hundreds Arrested in DC Demanding Voting Rights, End to Poverty, and Death of Filibusteron August 2, 2021
Clergy and low-wage workers with the Poor People's Campaign are also calling on Congress to treat the nation's immigrants with respect.
- 'He Should Resign': Women's Rights Group Denounces Violent Misogyny of Kevin McCarthyon August 2, 2021
"With Kevin McCarthy voting against the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act, it is clear that his comments are reflective of his deeply held beliefs about how women should be treated."
- Amid Allegations of Child Endangerment, HHS Inspector General to Probe Fort Bliss Detention Facilityon August 2, 2021
Whistleblowers had sounded alarm about the detention center contractors betraying children’s health and wellbeing.
- Resisting Nuclear Weapons in a Climate Crisison August 2, 2021
Why humanity must stop the next catastrophe before it begins.
- Lawsuit Initiated Against Trump for 'Illegal' Deportations Resumes Against Bidenon August 2, 2021
"We gave the Biden administration more than enough time to fix any problems left behind by the Trump administration, but it has left us no choice but to return to court."
- To Make the World A Human Dwelling Place For All: I Can't Believe What You Say Because I See What You Doon August 2, 2021
- 100+ State Lawmakers Join Texas Dems in DC to Demand Passage of For the People Acton August 2, 2021
"I really want to make sure they understand what we're going through in Florida," said one legislator, calling for "a federal firewall from these state voter suppression activities."
- Time Running Out for Democrats to Block GOP Gerrymandering Bonanzaon August 2, 2021
"Two weeks for Dems to pass redistricting reform before the GOP gerrymanders them out of power for a decade in Congress and at the state level."
- Near-Record Temps and Deadly Fires Engulf Southern Europeon August 2, 2021
"Everything is going to burn. Our land, our animals, and our house."
- Social Media Platforms Are a 'Safe Space' for Anti-Jewish Hate: Reporton August 2, 2021
"Social media is increasingly unsafe for Jewish people, just as it is becoming for women, Black people, Muslims, LGBT people, and many other groups."
- How Media Consolidation Endangers Our Health Amid Pandemicon August 2, 2021
The FCC has allowed local stations nationwide to become overrun by corporate giants that have little interest in vetting the syndicated disinformation they pump out over our airwaves.
- How Corporate Courts Impede Efforts to Battle the Climate Crisison August 2, 2021
A legacy of colonialism and 20th century international trade agreements, so-called "investor-state dispute settlements" are hampering moves to ditch fossil fuels.