- Black Heritage Center Submits Proposal To Melt Charlottesville’s Robert E. Lee Statueon October 18, 2021
And then turn it into art. The Confederate monument, removed from a city park earlier this year, was at the center of a deadly white supremacist rally in 2017.
- New Documentary Zooms In On Pete Buttigieg's Historic Presidential Runon October 18, 2021
Amazon's "Mayor Pete," due out Nov. 12, promises an intimate look at Buttigieg's marriage to husband Chasten and the grueling 2020 campaign.
- Growing Number Of House Democrats Announce Retirement From Congresson October 18, 2021
Various veteran lawmakers deciding to call it quits may not bode well for Democrats as they seek to retain control of the House in 2022.
- Biden Administration Asks Supreme Court To Block Texas Abortion Lawon October 18, 2021
The Justice Department asked the high court Monday to lift an order allowing Texas to continue to ban most abortions in the state.
- Protesters Disrupt Torch Lighting For Beijing Winter Olympicson October 18, 2021
The demonstrators at the ceremony in Greece carried a Tibetan flag and a "No genocide games" banner.
- EPA Unveils Strategy To Regulate Toxic 'Forever Chemicals'on October 18, 2021
The long-lasting chemicals known as PFAS are increasingly turning up in public drinking water systems, private wells and even food.
- House Democrats Consider Killing The Debt Limiton October 18, 2021
Congress could make debt ceiling standoffs a thing of the past.
- Money For Green Energy Creates More Jobs Than Fossil Fuel Investment, New Study Findson October 18, 2021
The findings are true across the world, but the U.S. could see some of the biggest benefits from spending on renewables and nature restoration.
- The Real-Life Costs Of Shrinking The Democrats’ Big Spending Planon October 18, 2021
Poor people need insurance. Seniors need dental care. And there may not be money for both.
- Undocumented And In Need Of An Abortion In Texas' Rio Grande Valleyon October 18, 2021
Under S.B. 8, a radical anti-abortion law, undocumented folks are “either forced into parenthood or risking deportation," advocates say.
- Republican Sen. Bill Cassidy Says He Wouldn't Vote For Trump In 2024on October 18, 2021
"Elections are about winning," the Louisiana Republican said.
- CDC Makes It Easier For Fully Vaccinated Travelers To Come To U.S.on October 18, 2021
The agency said those fully inoculated with mixed doses of COVID-19 vaccines are able to enter from Nov. 8.
- GOP Gov. Calls Trump's 2020 Election Fixation A 'Recipe For Disaster in 2022'on October 18, 2021
“Let’s talk about the future. The election is past. It’s been certified," said Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson.
- Ex-Spy Behind Salacious Trump Dossier Has Damning Theory About Alleged Pee Tapeon October 18, 2021
Christopher Steele says he thinks the infamous golden showers tape is real -- and shared why he believes Russia hasn't released it.
- MSNBC Panel Torches Sen. Ron Johnson For Spreading Yet Another Conspiracy Theoryon October 18, 2021
Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin said the extremist GOP senator "should be ashamed."