- Polish prime minister warns of ‘dangerous’ EU effort to control memberson October 18, 2021
Mateusz Morawiecki writes to his fellow EU leaders ahead of a crucial week in relations between Brussels and Warsaw.
- These Dems got high-stakes White House inviteson October 18, 2021
Welcome to Congress Minutes, your real-time guide to what's driving the day in and around the halls of Congress.
- Women do more to tackle climate change than men, survey sayson October 18, 2021
- Czech president too ill to work, powers to be handed to prime ministeron October 18, 2021
Andrej Babiš is expected to ask the head of the Together coalition to form a government.
- ‘Prolific criminal’: Gaetz’s old wingman gets more time to help prosecutorson October 18, 2021
Joel Greenberg continues to help federal authorities in ‘different investigations.’
- The Manchin and Bernie show consumes Democratson October 18, 2021
It's a spat that could have major policy implications beyond the personalities involved. It’s also being tracked closely by the White House.
- Covid anger drives recall election targeting 3 San Francisco school leaderson October 18, 2021
SAN FRANCISCO — Voters with "recall fever" will decide next year whether to remove three San Francisco school board members in one of the nation's most significant ouster attempts, fueled by parental anger over pandemic shutdowns and controversial school renamings where even Sen. Dianne Feinstein […]
- Former aide to Rep. Pete Sessions testifies at trial of Giuliani associateon October 18, 2021
Caroline Boothe detailed her dealings with Lev Parnas, who is accused of funneling Russian money into U.S. campaigns.
- U.S. envoy for Afghanistan to step downon October 18, 2021
Zalmay Khalilzad helped broker the Trump administration's peace agreement with the Taliban.
- Trump sues Jan. 6 committee, National Archiveson October 18, 2021
The former president’s lawyers filed the suit in D.C. district court Monday.
- State IG launches investigations into end of Afghanistan operationson October 18, 2021
The reviews will focus on the visa program, among other issues.
- Lawmakers on edge over lack of nominee for top Joint Chiefs jobon October 18, 2021
Gen. John Hyten, the nation's No. 2 military officer, retires next month.
- Democrats unveil doomed funding bills ahead of December shutdown cliffon October 18, 2021
Those bills are already toast in the upper chamber, where Republican lawmakers are once again demanding that Pentagon funding and non-defense cash be boosted by the same amount.
- Pence group backs coach at Supreme Court in school prayer caseon October 18, 2021
Advancing American Freedom was among about 70 organizations and individuals who joined in an amicus brief filed Monday.
- Biden quietly deciding how to restart student loan paymentson October 18, 2021
The plans, some of which are still in progress and not finalized, are aimed at averting a potential surge in delinquencies when payments resume in February.