- 100 State Lawmakers From 20 States Join TX Dems in DC in to Defend Voting Rightson August 2, 2021
Dozens of state lawmakers from across the nation will take part in a "week of action" to promote the For the People Act.
- January 6 Commission Is Necessary But Isn’t Likely to Break Trump’s Grip on GOPon August 2, 2021
Rather than try to prove themselves innocent, Republicans are following Trump's lead to discredit the commission itself.
- Homes — Not “Sanctioned Encampments” — Are the Solution to Homelessnesson August 2, 2021
The real answer to homelessness can only be homes, and the proper funding to make them supportive and livable.
- Sha’Carri Richardson’s Story Shows Us Drug Testing Is a Harmful Drug War Tacticon August 2, 2021
For the past 35 years, drug testing has been an essential, yet largely under-examined, pillar of the “war on drugs.”
- Capitalism Primes Our Bodies for Illnesson August 2, 2021
Physician Rupa Marya and co-author Raj Patel's new book examines the social and environmental roots of poor health.
- Dems Blast McCarthy Over Joke About Violence Toward Pelosi With Speaker’s Gavelon August 2, 2021
McCarthy said that if he won control of the House and became Speaker, it'd be "hard not to hit" Pelosi with the gavel.
- Trump’s “Shadow Cabinet” Ensures His Coup Is Ongoingon August 2, 2021
Trump’s neofascist coup is no longer limited to himself and his fellow D.C. insiders.
- AOC Slams Democrats Who Would Rather Skip Town Than Vote to Extend Eviction Banon August 2, 2021
"We cannot in good faith blame the Republican Party when House Democrats have the majority," she said.
- Labor Unions Must Start Building Toward Bigger and Longer Strikeson August 1, 2021
If we want to encourage more high-profile strikes that can secure major gains, we have to build a national strike fund.
- Election Officials Are Facing Unprecedented Threats to Independence and Safetyon August 1, 2021
Congress should pursue legislation that protects election officials from partisan interference and threats of violence.